Student/Scientific Research Assistant (8-10 hours per week)
With a focus on the East and Southern African regions, Lanusyncon aims to integrate different disciplines, perspectives and actors to better understand the nexus between economic development and environment. In the Collaborative Research Center Future Rural Africa, the teams seeks to understand the role of rural roads investment on livelihoods and environment. For more information, visit Future Roads.
We are looking for support in some of the following research areas and activities:
• Spatial data preparation and analysis.
• Literature search and support with drafting documents.
• Statistical data preparation including entry, cleaning and analysis.
• Qualitative data analysis.
• Supporting with stakeholder workshop preparation including communication and materials.
• Other tasks as assigned by team lead.
o Student or degree preferably in Geography, Agricultural economics, Environment, Ecology or any closely related discipline.
o Good command in English language both spoken and written.
o Knowledge in remote sensing and GIS software (QGIS etc.) and/or data analysis in R.
o Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office.
o Ability to work independently and communicate effectively in the team.